Monday, January 13, 2014

Self Love Sunday's

I think in order for us to live gratefully, we have to take care of ourselves and not just others.  In life it's really easy to forget to take time for ourselves, especially when we are so busy looking after others. I was sitting on the love seat in my usual perch (with my heating pad turned on in an attempt to reverse whatever damage I did to myself when I slipped the other day), drinking my new favorite tea (Russian Earl Grey in case you are wondering) and I got to thinking about how there are lots of little things that a person could do for themselves that wouldn't take up too much time but would just be nice to do.  I then happened to scan down my Facebook newsfeed and happened to see a good friend of mine, posting about doing something for herself (which happened to be giving herself a facial mask).  It was as if a light bulb went on above my head - the words 'Self Love Sunday's' immediately came to mind.  What things, whether it be big or small, could I do for myself on a Sunday that would be out of my normal routine that could perhaps boost my mood. So I'm going to attempt a little experiment.  Every Sunday, I'm going to do something just for me.  Something that won't benefit anyone else but me.  I'm giving myself permission to be a little selfish.  It doesn't have to be something big, just 'something' and maybe over the course of time, it will evolve from just a Sunday thing to a more frequent occurrence.

I bet you're curious as to what I did yesterday, aren't you?  It definitely wasn't anything exciting but it was something purely for my own benefit.  I had purchased a branch new gentle facial scrub/cleanser when I was last in the city with my little guy and hadn't had the opportunity to use it.  I cracked it open after my shower and washed my face using it.  See ... absolutely nothing to write home about.  But it made me feel amazing.  My face felt soft. I felt even cleaner then when I stepped out of the shower.  Life was great.  And it took me no more then 2 minutes.

So think about it.  Self Love Sunday's could benefit anyone and everyone who is willing to try it.  Maybe it's sitting down and watching a TV show that you normally don't have time for.  Maybe it's fluffing your pillows and pillow cases in the dryer before you go to bed.  The possibilities are endless.  Be prepared for the ripple effect it's going to have on you though ... ripples can very easily become waves of change!

No comments:

Post a Comment