Monday, January 27, 2014

Self Love Sunday Update

I really wish there were more hours in most days ... especially on the week-end but perhaps fewer hours on a Monday ... man alive!  Today seems to have drug on and on!!

I racked my brain on the week-end as to what I was going to do to 'pamper' myself come Sunday.  I know it doesn't have to be much but for some reason I was just really coming up blank.  I was committed to a baby shower in the city on Sunday, so of course I had to pop into Walmart to pick up a few items, including ski pants for my little guy -- he's going to be taller then me by the time he is 5!! On our way to the cosmetics counter, I came across some face cloths that I just loved the colour of.  So I snapped them up - since I have tried to commit to a better face care routine ... or at least one that is more regular then my previous non-existent routine.  I would regularly go to bed with a full face of make-up on, including mascara.  I love how fresh my face feels after I have washed it.

So yeah - my self love wasn't anything overly exciting.  I bought face cloths.  But I love them. And they make me happy. So deep down that's all that matters.

As I mentioned, I had spied them on my way to the cosmetics counter, where I was headed to purchase some new lip gloss.  Anyone who knows me, knows I like lip gloss.  Perhaps maybe addicted.  I have oodles and oodles of different glosses in a variety of colours.  A friend had been using Rimmel's 'Stay Glossy' when I ran into her the other week-end and so I checked it out.  Love it.  It's a little more then what I would normally pay for lip gloss but it doesn't dry my lips out, lasts a lot longer then anything else that I have used and looks fabulous. Or at least that's what I think and so that's all that matters.  That seems to be a re-occurring theme! Lately I have tried to pay more attention to what looks good on me, not what is the best deal.  It makes much more economical sense to purchase products that are going to compliment me, rather then look good while sitting in the drawer.

It's amazing what a few small changes can do for a person.  Some days I look in the mirror and feel like a whole new person.

No comments:

Post a Comment