Monday, January 20, 2014

Self Love Sunday's and More ... oh my!

So yesterday was the 2nd week I participated in the concept of 'Self Love Sunday's' and I'm so loving it!  Yesterday was a step up from the week before, where I just used a facial scrub.  I managed to get in to see my stylist and started the colour process of going lighter with my hair colour.  I really love how it turned out and I love the style - it was a great pick me up and I think that's exactly what I needed.

I spent the week-end curling in a ladies bonspiel with some friends and had a really good time.  It was something a little outside of my comfort zone and something I would like to do again next year.  I came away with some great prizes (which was a bonus) and got some exercise.  It was great getting some fresh air and getting the heart pumping.  Maybe this will be the kick-start I need to start exercising on a more regular basis.

I've also been continuing on with my 2014 Things Challenge ... although I'm going to try and be a little better at writing down what I have actually gotten rid of.  I sold a jacket on a local buy/sell site that no longer fit me and I packed up a large tote full of clothes for another girl I know to try on.  I have to stop holding on to items that no longer serve a purpose for me any longer.  So hopefully she takes some of them as well and I think I just need to bite the bullet and take the remaining clothes to a donation bin.  I think why I have such a hard time is that they are items that I spent good money on and it's hard to part with them.  But alas, I need to move on.

I have also started making a list of 'Megan's Fave Items'.  Oprah has her favorite things list and I'm sure there are other celebs out there that have a list too.  I have really been trying to get great deals on clothes (I scored a couple great deals again today!) but I have also been on the look out for some great deals on make-up/hair care.  It's amazing what a little self-confidence can do for a person!

No comments:

Post a Comment